Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need an easy way to email orders from vista laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jakemun

jakemun

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

Good morning all. I have a question I hope someone can help me with. I run a small computer repair business, (1 man show) and I have a customer that is a salesman for a chemical firm here in the West. He has an older laptop running Windows Vista home edition and needs to submit orders daily on the road and from his home office.

What this guy needs is a quick and “very easy way” to submit his orders using his Vista laptop.

The Details:

His company has sent him an excel spreadsheet to use as his template which we saved to his desktop.

Problem with this is he had a trial version of Office 2007 and I tried to activate it and was unable to from Microsoft’s website and Microsoft 2013 will not load on this hp dv-1030 pavilion, due to   the fact it is Vista.

I installed Openoffice.org business suite, opened his excel template and saved into Openoffice. I then demonstrated to the customer how to save this file to a folder on his desktop, showed him how to locate the file, make his entries for his orders for the day and then how to send this as an attachment and email to his headquarters.

The other problem; this is all new to him and he refuses to use this method of entering his orders and email them. He insists there must be an easier way. The company use to let them fax in their orders but now they must email them. I remember (barley) about creating macros in college years ago, not sure if this an option, does anyone have any applicable suggestions on how to make this easier for the customer?

NOTE: He has an Apple iPad, 64 GB as well that he could use if that would be easier.

Thank-you in advance for any help…

Jake

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

Sounds to me...as if the organization said person works for...should be solving the stated problem, if such is truly the case.

I know of no business organization that would expect to receive business data from an employee...without providing the means and the method to said employee.

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

Try Libreoffice, it can work with the Microsoft Office macros.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users