Hi buddy and pascor,
Thanks for responding! I love this group here, everyone has been so helpful, patient and kind!
I think I got what y'all said, just need to clarify:
- I had to laugh about the computer being old! After spending what for me was a small fortune just 3 years ago, it is still new! Now, my car at 7 years, is just approaching
Alright, down to business now
- How do I get the Win Patrol that you mentioned?
- I did say beginner and I am
! Don't know what IP is - but if I get rid of AOL will that mess up my kids, I think that is what they use? Truly I was just 'playing' at rearranging, I don't have to
change anything, just curious if I could.
- As for the firewall, I thought I was OK with the systems firewall and learning otherwise. Checking out my options. Advice is welcome!
- I have a better grip on the toolbar / taskbar definitions, thankyou. That's how this all started. I unlocked it and moved it to a vertical position on the right. When I gave it a wider dimention, that's when 'extra' things showed up. I like this way because it now also gives me the day and date besides the time.
- I did the dragging step and then deleted the one on the desktop. It sent it to the recycle bin. I then checked to see if I could still open it, but when I did this a little screen came up with a searching flashlight, couldn't 'find' it. I dragged it back out and to the desktop, then it was happy. As before. I don't have to have it one way or the other, just thought I'd give it a try.
- So now my question is: if I delete an icon in one place, am I deleting just the source of access or the actual thing that it represents?
- And I certainly have no business making a decision about what can and cannot be deleted, removed or in any way altered until I have learned a powerful lot more!!!!!!!!!!!!
And just for fun -
My kids hate the shade of blue on that barely old car. I never really gave it a thought, just told them 'hey if it gets us where we're going - be happy' I'll be looking at 'blue' differently these days. Although I did put my foot down and refused to paint my bedroom blue.
Thanks for everything!