Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scroll wheel lagging.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SuicidalCyanide

SuicidalCyanide

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:12 AM

I bought an Aula killing the soul mouse last month and it was comfortable. But I noticed some problems with the scroll wheel was very unresponsive. Sometimes when I scroll up it wants to come down sometimes, and when I go down it goes up but will spazz out and move up and down over and over until i scroll to a new direction. What is the problem with it? Does the mouse have a bad scroll wheel?  :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

I bought an Aula killing the soul mouse last month and it was comfortable. But I noticed some problems with the scroll wheel was very unresponsive. Sometimes when I scroll up it wants to come down sometimes, and when I go down it goes up but will spazz out and move up and down over and over until i scroll to a new direction. What is the problem with it? Does the mouse have a bad scroll wheel?  :huh:

It could be a bad scroll wheel.

Did you install any drivers that came with it (generally needed if it has more than the typically two buttons and scroll wheel so that you can assign functions to those other buttons) or are you just using Windows default scrolling function? If the former, then it could be an issue with the driver.

Edited by smax013, 20 April 2014 - 12:04 AM.

#3 SuicidalCyanide

SuicidalCyanide
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:33 PM

No, I just plugged it in and it worked and never notified me that i needed drivers, oh and it is a usb mouse.

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

No, I just plugged it in and it worked and never notified me that i needed drivers, oh and it is a usb mouse.

You might try booting into Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes anything. I doubt that it will, but it is worth a test.

It is kind of sounding like a hardware issue with the mouse. Do you have another mouse to try (or borrow one from a friend/relative) to see if it has the same problems with the scroll wheel?

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

In addition to the suggestions already mentioned, see this article http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/windows-8/how-to/mouse/change-mouse-sensitivity

Tekken

#6 SuicidalCyanide

SuicidalCyanide
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:34 PM

Sorry I did not respond, I can use other mouse like my brothers for example, which is a wireless usb mouse, and the scroll wheel works just fine for it but not for mine. If it is a hardware issue then I may just buy me a new mouse.

#7 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

Sorry I did not respond, I can use other mouse like my brothers for example, which is a wireless usb mouse, and the scroll wheel works just fine for it but not for mine. If it is a hardware issue then I may just buy me a new mouse.

I would suggest trying your mouse on your brother's computer. Does the same thing happen with the scroll wheel?

If so, then it does sound like a hardware problem with the mouse…and thus time for a new mouse.

#8 SuicidalCyanide

SuicidalCyanide
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

You can close this topic, I just found it was broken and I got a new wireless one, so im good now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users