Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver Genius Pro Worthwhile?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Reena

Reena

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:41 AM

I have been offered Driver Genius Pro at a "special" price and I am wondering whether it is worth getting.

My PC is now two years old and, although the specs. are still excellent some of the drivers must need upgrading.

This programme says it will check what is needed ; find the drivers ; install them. Sounds good and uncomplicated.

Does anyone here have experience of this programme, please?

My thanks in advance for your comments.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 21 May 2006 - 07:34 AM

Hi Reena.
In my personal opinion, programs that find updated drivers for you are useless. :thumbsup:
It really does nothing that you can't do yourself and installing software to do so seems a bit redundant.
There is never a practical reason to upgrade drivers unless it's to solve a particular issue.
The "latest and greatest" drivers are not always that and can even cause problems.
If you're not having any driver related problems, save your money.

Edited by HitSquad, 21 May 2006 - 07:37 AM.

#3 Reena

Reena
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 21 May 2006 - 12:05 PM

Thank you for the advice. I half-suspected that. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users