Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS notebook very slow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kevodell

kevodell

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this should be here but.......

I recently purchased an ASUS notebook X-102BA and it is just the slowest thing. I installed firefox, thunderbird, macafee and VLC media player and don't know if these are the problem. Any ideas how I might find out what the problem is or is this a feature? :)

Thanks all for reading.

Kevin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,780 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:38 AM

Well, the CPU has about equivalent performance to an Intel Atom, and the system gets review comments like "modest performance even for a budget laptop" (http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/laptop/3498812/asus-x102ba-review/)

Did it seem slow before you installed the mentioned software? Not wanting to seem biased, but I'd try something different to McAfee...

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

All OEMs (as far as I'm aware) put some sort of trial antivirus on their computers.  You never said whether you uninstall that antivirus.  Moreover, was it uninstalled properly (even though it might be a trial), before installing McAfee?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users