Recently I got Comcast Xfinity internet for the 25mbps plan, but the speed dropped drastically after opening utorrent?
- First 5 hours of connection, the internet was clocking 25-28mbps down 5-6mbps up
- Downloaded a game on Steam got 3.5mbps active download speed
- Tried using Utorrent to torrent a file *with the intention of just testing the internet*
- Torrent maxed at 1.2mbps
- Since then, my internet only reaches 3-4mbps down 5mbps up (370kbs active download)
Things I've tried
- TCP Optimizer
- resetting ports in Command Prompt
- Virus/Malware check & clean
- SWITCHING ENCRYPTION -----> AES = 3-5mbps down / KTIP = 15-18mbps down (KTIP will only stay within this area...AES fluctuates from 3-28mbps)
- I have a WN111v2 Wireless N usb card (maybe it's too old?) ->this wouldn't explain why I originally had 25-28mbps for the first 5 hours
- Utorrent modified internet settings slowing down my internet rate?
- Internet is being throttled on my IP Address...but 28mbps down to 3mbps is WAY TOO DRASTIC!
- My HP Probook 4530s is clocking 25-28mbps download and 5.5 upload & it's in the same room as my desktop.
- My laptop is Win 7, my desktop is Vista