Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

where to start this topic?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 golfdude

golfdude

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

Need some help!  Or, maybe I am missing the right place to post this question.  Anyway, I am supposed to recommend the best Tablet for the company I work for based on the following criteria:

1.  Accepts a USB Flash drive

2.  Can have the storage increased by inserting a SD card

3.  Can transfer files by pasting onto this SD card.

If anyone can help me that would be great.

Edited by hamluis, 18 April 2014 - 06:44 AM.
Moved from Apple IOS to Windows Tablet - Hamluis.

Thanks,
Golfdude

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Intel i7-3820, 32 GB DDR3-1600, Intel 330 SSD Boot Drive, WD 3TB Data Drive, Radeon HD7770 GHz Edition, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:51 AM

Need some help!  Or, maybe I am missing the right place to post this question.  Anyway, I am supposed to recommend the best Tablet for the company I work for based on the following criteria:

1.  Accepts a USB Flash drive
2.  Can have the storage increased by inserting a SD card
3.  Can transfer files by pasting onto this SD card.

If anyone can help me that would be great.

I can tell you it will not be an iPad. An iPad can do not of the three things you listed as "required" (I assume) criteria.

Best you can do for additional storage on an iPad are one of the wireless hard drives such as this (just one example):

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Wireless-Built-In-Streaming-STCK1000100/dp/B00AQRUW4Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397799971&sr=8-1&keywords=wireless+hard+drive+ipad

And that will not really add "true" storage…basically just space for videos or music that you can stream to the iPad.

#2 and #3 can be done on an Android tablet, but not sure about #1. To my knowledge, most (if not all) Android tablets will not allow for plugging in of USB drives.

So, that likely leaves you with some sort of Windows 8 tablet…whether one that runs Windows RT or full Windows 8.

So, realistically, this should be either in the Android OS forum or the Windows Tablet forum…ideally there would be a general Tablet forum as that would be a better fit.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

I can confirm that Android tablets can accept flashdrives. However you'll likely need an On The Go adapter and make sure the tablet is On The Go enabled.

An example of an OTG adapter: http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY-Micro-USB-OTG-Adapter/dp/B005QX7KYU

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:52 AM

Sorry for being late on this party. I own an ASUS T-100 10" WIn 8.1 (Full windows OS) tablet  and it does everything the poster wants it to do.

Cheers!

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users