Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Connect To Website - Norton Internet Security

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jrube9

jrube9

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:59 AM

Help! I'm working on XP and have Norton Internet Security 2006 installed. I'm able to connect to the Internet without any problems, with one exception. I can't seem to access msnbc.com. It times out everytime. When I turn Norton off, I'm suddenly able to connect to the site. When I turn it back on, same problem occurs. I don't have Parental Control turned on so I didn't block the site. It used to work just fine so I'm guessing I accidentally screwed something up. Any suggestions? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:48 AM

Hello jrube9 and welcome to Bleeping Computer!
Try opening Internet Explorer, then going to Tools->Internet Options. Then click on the Security tab at the top and click on Restricted Sites. Then, (underneath) click on Sites and check the list to see if msnbc.com is on the list, and if it is, click remove.
This may not solve your problem, but it might help. :thumbsup:
Charles

Edited by rookie147, 20 May 2006 - 06:49 AM.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 gatetech72

gatetech72

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 19 July 2006 - 06:40 AM

If you have Norton Internet Security 2006 you need to goto the personal firewall then click on configure. Then click onthe program tab. Then remove the program list. Then run the program tab.

If you are having problems accessing secured sites you can do the following:

1. Open NIS
2. Go to Personal Firewall and click Configure
3. Go to Advanced Tab
4. Click "General Rules" button
5. Scroll through the list and find "Block access to secure sites" and uncheck it
6. Ok all the way out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users