Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Junk files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MyPeaches

MyPeaches

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:12 AM

I was wondering what you think is the best way to remove junk files from my computer?  I'm sure there are many different ways, I know my computer is loaded with files that are unnecessary now. Can anyone tell me a free, pretty easy, thorough way to get rid of them.  I don't know DOS much but I can do it if I'm explained how to.  Thank you very, very much.   Deana 

Edited by hamluis, 17 April 2014 - 12:10 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Applications - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:29 AM

G'day My Peaches, and :welcome:  to BC !

Give TFC a run.

It is safe and reliable. It is NOT a registry cleaner. Stay away from them !

When you run the program, your desktop will disappear!...dont panic.....the tool takes some time to run as it gathers temp files from all sources on your PC.

When it finishes it will tell you how much it has removed, and may ask you to reboot....do so straight away. If it does not ask for a reboot....do it anyway.

You will find TFC HERE

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:05 PM

You could give Piriform Ccleaner a go also,its a reliable easy to use cleaning tool that will clean temp files and also

your browser history and so on.Just run it in its default settings,

It does include a registry cleaner which you shouldnt use (registry cleaners just really chop the windows registry

up to no purpose and can damage it ) otherwise a great cleaner.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users