Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Efficient Browsing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mixpix

mixpix

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:35 PM

What browser, if any, are CPU friendly. The current edition of Mozilla Firefox is tapping my memory; firefox,exe, is sucking 60% by itself. I do have a few tabs open, but I don't think should be that drained?

It is a 32 bit Windows 7 Pro; I am running some back ground applications, like Secunia, but should that be an issue? I have an extra language keyboard keyed up; does that matter?

I just figured there should be a browser  that isn't such a drain? If they are, I will start cutting somewhere else. It is a laptop & I think I have as much memory it can handle. Though it is 4 GB RAM, it only uses 3.75 GB.

I just can't believe there isn't another browser out there, that doesn't drag so much.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1709
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo i5-4210U CPU  T5750 @ 1.70gHz 2.40 GHz
Ram: 8.00 GB
system type: 64bit x-64-based processor
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/VNZNmcrsHQpEHgN51iurDWj

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,030 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

Have a read HERE

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 mixpix

mixpix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

Condobloke,

Thanks for the link. I went ahead & reset Mozilla Firefox, after reading many articles that stated that Mozilla is among the most effiecient browsers. I figured that there might be something that the browser was hung up on, spinning its wheels to run whatever it was, it was trying to do? I have pinned to the task bar, 'Resource Monitor' & up to the point of the reset, it was running in the 60% or more for Mozilla, for the total portion of CPU. That meant with all the other applications, it was running at a 80% or more total.

Right now, after resetting, I am using less than a total of 40%. I can only assume that people not knoing what is dragging down their CPU/memory, will be pulling hair out to find the drain.

Thanks again.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1709
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo i5-4210U CPU  T5750 @ 1.70gHz 2.40 GHz
Ram: 8.00 GB
system type: 64bit x-64-based processor
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/VNZNmcrsHQpEHgN51iurDWj

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,030 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

My Pleasure !

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users