Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PuTTy and minecraft question? Help me!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 connor12568

connor12568

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:33 PM

Hello, I am managing a MC server with the Owner. And recently he has given me the PuTTy login details to start servers if they crash. We are using bungee and there is multiple screens that I can connect to for diffirent types of servers.

Anyways I was trying to fix up one of our servers (Creative) when I was detaching from the screen it said [screen is terminating] and now it's gone from the list of screens when I do screen -ls. I am a complete noob and I have no idea on what to do all I know how to do is the commands he gave me which was just screens to connect to servers. Can someone walk me through this to get the server back on my screen list?!!? Please help me!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 11,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

Hi sorry for my late reply. I notice nobody else knows the answer also, so may I suggest  that you try one of the linux forums.

I am Sorry I  cant help you as I have never dealt with Putty and minecraft.

#3 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

Is this of any assistance? I'm not familiar with this myself, but did try to find an answer.

http://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/bungeecord-installation/

If this is of no use, unless someone else steps forward, like NickAu1 stated, you may need to check with your distro forum for a more precise answer.

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

For others that are wondering...Putty is a emulator shell/terminal for secure telent/ssh connections. If you close the window the session is terminated. If it's timing out then that is more than likely a misconfigured config on the servers side. As far as commands go they are generally the same in linux. However, some websites don't go into more details of the extra parameters. http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/print/9030259/Linux_Command_Line_Cheat_Sheet  Examlpe: rm (removes files) it will remove directories as well just using rm -r or rm -rf to force the deletion of the directory. Be careful with this and be sure to check the files you are deleting! A mistake can have it's conseqences. It's best to go to the parent directory and then remove the sub directory. mv (move file command) this can also be used to rename the files. IE: mv file.txt file2.txt For future reference, I felt that all of that should also be included in this post. Sorry for long winded response to your specific question. This should help you about your screen commands...https://kb.iu.edu/data/acuy.html

Edited by technonymous, 19 April 2014 - 10:54 PM.

#5 connor12568

connor12568
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:31 PM

Oh, I long since fixed this issue, if a moderator or whoever can /close threads, now would be the time.

And thank you to all who replied, even though it may not of helped me, it did remind me that there is a great community here, thanks for that :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users