Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Deskjet 2050 J510 Problems

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 dyjodapa

dyjodapa

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

Hi,

I have an HP Deskjet 2050 J510 printer and I just started having problems with it. A few days ago, I was trying to scan a document and for some reason the HP Scan program gave me an error that said the printer was not found. So I tried printing and still printed. So I tried to reinstall the drivers without uninstalling the old ones and it still didn't scan. So I installed the drivers on my laptop and plugged in my printer and it scanned just fine. Though, when I plugged it back into my desktop the printer couldn't even print. So I am wondering how can I get it back into perfect working condition for my desktop.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

Hi,
I have an HP Deskjet 2050 J510 printer and I just started having problems with it. A few days ago, I was trying to scan a document and for some reason the HP Scan program gave me an error that said the printer was not found. So I tried printing and still printed. So I tried to reinstall the drivers without uninstalling the old ones and it still didn't scan. So I installed the drivers on my laptop and plugged in my printer and it scanned just fine. Though, when I plugged it back into my desktop the printer couldn't even print. So I am wondering how can I get it back into perfect working condition for my desktop.

Thanks

Have you tried uninstalling all the HP software & drivers and then reinstalling them on the desktop?

#3 dyjodapa

dyjodapa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

When trying to uninstall "HP Deskjet 2050 J510 Basic Device Software" I get an error that has a first part that reads "Error -2081883398". I didn't have the printer unpluged the first time I tried to uninstall the Basic Device Software. Though the second time I did have it unplugged and it still didn't work.

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

You could try Revo Uninstaller.

#5 dyjodapa

dyjodapa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

Installed Revo and the HP Program is not in Revo uninstaller.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,966 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

Hello,

Do you have the driver CD that came with the printer?

Edit: it would also help to know if this is a HP computer or not.

Edited by JohnC_21, 16 April 2014 - 09:16 PM.

#7 dyjodapa

dyjodapa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

Unfortunately, I do not have the driver disk that came with the printer. The computer's brand is Gateway.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,966 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:21 PM

I am assuming you still have the driver you downloaded. See this thread on the HP support site. Since you do not have the driver disk, you will have to get 4 batch files from the temp directory after you start the driver install but stop accepting the prompts. Don't cancel the install. Just stop answering the prompts. Look for the 4 bat files. Because you have a gateway, you can run all 4 bat files unless you have other HP software installed as uninstall_LV4 will remove everthing relating to HP software.

Once you have copied the 4 bat files to the desktop in an admin account, double click the bat file and let it run. Start with LV1 and progress to LV4 unless you have other HP software then stop at LV3. One you have run all the bat files, try installing your driver.

If you have problems getting the bat files, provide a link to the driver you downloaded and I will strip out the bat files and post them to my Dropbox account.

Good Luck.

Edited by JohnC_21, 17 April 2014 - 03:21 PM.

#9 dyjodapa

dyjodapa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

I couldn't find them in the temp file. Here is the link to the site of the driver: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4027469#N177

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,966 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

Okay, I will see if I can find them in there. I will be out for awhile.

#11 dyjodapa

dyjodapa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

Ok let me know when you find them. 

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,966 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

I took the driver and extracted it using Winrar. It seems HP has done away with the batch files at least for this model. In the extracted folder there is a utils folder with an X64 subfolder. In this subfolder are two files DIFxAPI.dll and RemovePreinstalledDrivers.exe, Can you find the X64 folder with these files? If you can just drag it to your desktop and double click the exe file. If you cannot find them, I can put them in Dropbox.

#13 dyjodapa

dyjodapa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

You'll never guess what I just found. I found the driver CD. Is that easier to use?

#14 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,966 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

It may not have the batch files but an uninstaller. Is there a folder on the CD called utils? Look in that folder.

#15 dyjodapa

dyjodapa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

There is a folder called utils, but the only thing in there is hpUrlLanuncher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users