Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PCIe and Hyper Transport Help Please

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Clouded

Clouded

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:29 PM

Ok so, i used amd overdrive to OC my laptop ( i know stupid) but the thing is.. Before i Oc'd the reading for my PCIe and Hyper Transports were as follows.

Hyper Goal 1000 MHz    Currently 0.00 MHz

PCIe Goal 100MHz         Currently 0.00 MHz

no matter whats going on.. playing a game, watching a video, web surfing.. nothing raises these values. I am wondering if this is normal or do i need to make option changes to have these take effect? maybe  afalse reading? any guidance would be most appreciated

Edited by hamluis, 17 April 2014 - 03:28 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

What monitoring software are you using to get these values?

#3 Clouded

Clouded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

What monitoring software are you using to get these values?

Amd overdrive is showing the above values

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

Check that the drivers are updated & AMD overdrive is updated. Maybe a service that is needed has been accidently disabled? You could try to reinstall everything. Be sure that your .net is updated. Ultimately it could just be a ideo card specific bug. You would need to head to AMD's website support forums and see if others have same issues and read up on bug reports.

Edited by technonymous, 16 April 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#5 Clouded

Clouded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

Everything is updated, checked amd.. i can't find a solution or anyone who even has the same problem, no bug reports contain any info pertaining to my particular problem.

#6 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

Does your laptop meet these requirements?  Specifically, does it have a supported chipset?

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/amd-overdrive/Pages/system-requirements.aspx

7sbvuf-6.png

#7 Clouded

Clouded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

thanks for the help, my laptop uses a AMD Radeon HD 6520G with a AMD A6-3420M, i don't think it is supported fully. It did work to OC my cores but all the fan and gpu options were greyed out.

I think it may be a false reading since the systems performance seems to be good. Is there another software i could possibly use to check my pcie and hyper transport?

Edited by Clouded, 17 April 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#8 Clouded

Clouded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

i ran another monitoring utility and its shows Pcie DISABLED. Here is a screen shot of my the info gave by the program. Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Attached Files

#9 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

When you downloaded the drivers from AMD did you choose which one form the drop down menu, or did you use the automaticall detect option? AMD drivers support link...http://support.amd.com/en-us/download For instance if you used netbook option you might want to try APU option instead. Your CPU has the video card APU on it. Be sure to use the uninstaller utility there at that link, as sometime things are left behind in the uninstall. If this still causes problems then you might want to go to the laptop manufacturer website instead and download the chipset drivers specific for your model of laptop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users