Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cryptodefense Virus! Yikes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 davey

davey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

Hello I got infected with the Cryptodense virus 3 days ago and it has locked all my files unless i pay in bitcoins.  I ve read a bit online about this virus, not sure what can be done, kinda scared, i wanted to get some homework off the computer.  I did run Norton, Spyhunter, Malwarebytes and Stopzilla but it still exists.

i am running windows vista with service pack 2

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

A repository of all current knowledge regarding CryptoDefense is provided by Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), in this tutorial: CryptoDefense and How_Decrypt Ransomware Information Guide and FAQ

Reading that Guide will help you understand what CryptoDefense and How_Decrypt Ransomware does and provide information for how to deal with it and possibly recover your data.

There is also a lengthy ongoing discussion in this topic: CryptoDefense - Newest cryptolocker variant. Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions, comments or requests for assistance in that topic discussion.

Thanks
The BC Staff

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users