Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Browsers Don't Fit Screen Properly?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tgoodch1

tgoodch1

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

This is really more of an annoyance, than a problem, so I understand if it's removed for not being relevant to the forum, but here goes.

System: Dell Dem E521

Monitor: DellE197FP

Ever since I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7, my internet browsers don't seem to fit my screen.  The biggest nuisance is that the scroll bar, on the right side of the screen, is just off of the edge of the screen.

I've tried readjusting screen and text settings, as well as zooming in and out with different browsers, but I just can't get that scroll bar into view.

Is this common, with an easy fix?

I've uploaded a professional screenshot for a visual.

As always, I appreciate any tips, and thanks for all of your past, present, and future help. 

Thanks,

tgoodch1

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

Do a restore down then manually resize the window. Close the window and it should reopen as you closed it.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

I would check the resolution being used by the video card/chip...against the monitor capabilities.

I would also uninstall the current video drivers (they may be damaged) and reinstall them.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users