Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Voltage is low

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Whiteycm

Whiteycm

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

I am running a Dell Precision T3400
This computer is five years old, and is a work station, but still has great specs. Quad core processor and runs three monitors to do estimating for a construction company.

The exact error I get when I boot up my computer is - Alert! System Battery Voltage is low. Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility
Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics.

Doing some googling I heard it might be a bad dell battery on a motherboard. I heard it may also be a bad power supply.

What do you guys think it is?
Is this something I will need dell t

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Whiteycm

Whiteycm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

Continued, is this something I'll need dell to fix or can I buy a part off new egg and install it myself.

I can fix a power supply but not sure about a bad battery on a motherboard.

#3 Will5200

Will5200

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

Something I found:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/1915445.aspx

I would definitely try updating the BIOS before plugging the system directly into the wall. Good luck to you.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,071 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

If you have not replaced the CMOS battery in the last couple of years, it is time, the battery will cost about $3.00.  Disconnect from power, remove the side panel touch the chassis to get rid of any static.  Look for a quarter sized watch battery, one side has clips you can push aside and it will pop up slap the new one in and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

cr2032 3volt watch battery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users