Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Navigating through Trustwave Filter

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 LoboTek

LoboTek

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

Hi guys, as you can tell I'm new. I was searching for a good forum that could assist me with this issue, and to talk about computers overall. At my current workplace we used to have free unfiltered internet. It was great, I could check on my news, info, music, tech, anything.Social Media was allowed but I'm not really a facebook person. One faithful day an employee was caught on facebook and was fired. Turns out she was given multiple warnings, but ever since then they have added a filter to 85% of the web. I have tried dozens of proxys, even ones without the name "proxy" in them. I thought about Tor, but I would rather not use it at work due to its reputation. So I'm just wondering if you fine gents wouldn't mind lending me your knowledge on the issue and possible solutions in getting through this filter..

tl;dr: My job blocked 85% of the net due to idiot employee, need held getting through Trustwave.

The attached file is what I get when I try to access a blocked page.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

Sorry...we cannot assist you in violating security procedures established in the workplace by authorized personnel...for a work system that does not belong to you.  Even if you owned said system...violating site security procedures is not something that BC considers to be "helpful" for those who have not the proper respect for security procedures.

Excerpt from Forum Rules (link near top of this webpage and in my sig):  :"No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."

Louis

#3 LoboTek

LoboTek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

I understand, thank you.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

Thank you for understanding...some like to be a pain and act as if we have cut off an arm or leg :)...by simply being prudent.

Happy computing :).