Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant find a simple web page copier

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 superqaz

superqaz

• Members
  • 274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:03 AM

v

cant find a simple web page copier

anyone know of a very simple firefox add on that saves a webpage with 2 clicks and dosent require u to open an acct to store it on line or anything else complicated. found it once but cant see it again

the particular one allowed u to copy up to several links deep

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:09 AM

ScrapBook :: Add-ons for Firefox

#3 superqaz

superqaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 274 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:47 AM

ah..even better , this is the one i lost. as i didnt have it long enough to fully use it can u confirm that a saved page can be viewed off line just by clicking it in the side bar

thanks very much [i spent at least 2 hours looking for this damm thing]

#4 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:18 AM

Yes, any content that was "captured" using ScrapBook can be viewed off-line since it was saved to your computer at the time of "capture."  At least for me it has worked that way, but I don't use it much anymore.

So be careful about capturing entire sites! Especially if you "capture" multiple layers deep.  Not only could this take up considerable storage space, the content you capture could be undesirable(think malware).

The ScrapBook :: Firefox Extension Home page may be of use to you.

ah..even better , this is the one i lost.

This was the clue: :thumbup2:

the particular one allowed u to copy up to several links deep

#5 superqaz

superqaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 274 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

accually capturing a whole site is a bonus 4 me as thats what i originaly wanted [but from other programs] but couldnt get any of them including page nest and httrack to fully work.

so 3 more question if i may:

--would scrap book copy a site that i must log into [which magazine]

--and, to copy a whole site, [but not follow external links], how many links deep should i set

-- and what are/should i copy styles?

i only need the reseach info from the Which site, not video, music, code etc etc

this is pretty good going as i only posted this request 10 mins before u responded

thanks

Edited by superqaz, 16 April 2014 - 11:59 AM.

#6 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

From the sound of it, you need to do a selective capture of some of the site content, not a site capture.  But I don't know the site or it's layout.  Without specifics, I can only respond in general terms.

• If the site requires log-in before the contents can be viewed, then you would need to log-in before trying to capture the content.
  • I don't believe ScrapBook automatically discerns between external and internal links. Any depth you set above zero will capture links to the depth you choose.  In which case you would need to use the "In-depth Capture" filter option to stop the capture of external links.  As for how deep, depends on the depth of the nested pages.
  • Depends on what format the content(research info) is in(.doc, .txt, .PDF, etc.).  I would leave styles checked and from what you say you don't need, un-check everything else.

The ScrapBook :: Features (1) - "Capturing Features" page gives more detail on the methods to use for capturing.

#7 superqaz

superqaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 274 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

thanks for your help...im set now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users