You are posting this in Windows 7, but this seems to affect older systems => Systems Affected: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me
Please try these few scans and if they run, Copy and Paste the logs back here.
If you are not able to run any of these scans please tell us after you try -
Download Screen317 Security Check and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
* Please post the contents of that document.
Note:: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.
Please download MiniToolBox to desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following boxes:
* List content of Hosts
* Flush DNS
* Report IE Proxy Settings
* Reset IE Proxy Settings
* Report FF Proxy Settings
* Reset FF Proxy Settings
* List last 10 Event Viewer log
* List Installed Programs
* List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)
Please download and run RKill by Grinler.
A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
At most the tool will run for about 2 minutes
Copy and paste the log that will be produced.
Download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
•Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
•Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
•Click on the Scan button. (only once)
•AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
•When it's done you'll see: Pending: Uncheck any elements you don't want removed.
•Now click on the Report button... A logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
•Look over the log especially under Files/Folders for any program you want to save.
•If there's a program you want to save, just uncheck it from AdwCleaner.
•If you're not sure, post the log for review.
•If you're ready to clean it all up.....click the Clean button.(only once)
•After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
•Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
•A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.
•Items that are deleted are moved to the Quarantine Folder: C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine
•To restore an item that has been deleted (if necessary):
•Go to Tools > Quarantine Manager > check what you want restored > now click on Restore.
There is now a new version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (V2.0.1) This passes V184.108.40.2060
If you wish to Re-scan you will need to remove the old version first.
Please see MBAM Clean Instructions
* Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and save it to your desktop
* Double click the desktop icon, click Run, then OK
* Click Next
* Select I accept the agreement then continue to click Next then finally click Install
** Uncheck Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium if you do not want the free trial of the paid version, then click Finish
* If you are notified the Database is out of date click Update Now
* Click Scan Now >>
** Note: If Malwarebytes will not launch please do the following to launch Malwarebytes Chameleon:
* Click Start (Start, Search, All files and folders for Windows XP) then type mbam
* Double click one of the four following files (if one does not work try the next one, and so on) -
A black command window will open. Follow those instructions until the Malwarebytes program starts the scan
** When completed click the down arrow on Export Log and select Text file (*.txt)
* Save the file to your desktop as MBAM
* Click Apply Actions then restart your computer if requested
* Copy and past the contents of MBAM.txt in your reply