Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Connection Droping

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ThePie69

ThePie69

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

Alright So I've been dealing with this "data logging" issue with my Intel Centrino N 1000 WiFi card in my laptop. I've posted on another forum and even spoken with Intel customer support and have not found a resolve. Basically what happens is it randomly losses the internet connection but its still connected to the SSID. It will display a yellow triangle on the wifi bar (Win 7 64 bit) and will say "No Connection". I've also installed a Intel AC 7260 wifi card and that's having the same issues. (I currently have the N 1000 installed since that what came with the laptop). No other device is having this issue in my house. Router displays no information in the logs that could contribute to this issue. The issue does not happen when using a USB wifi adapter (Gigaware 2.4 GHz USB adapter) obviously cause I'm not using the laptops wifi card.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

Try setting your DNS to static 8.8.4.4.. Open the run command (Windows key + R) then type ncpa.cpl. Right click on your wirless connection and select properties. Select Internet Protocol Version 4, select use the following DNS server and enter the address 8.8.4.4 (google public DNS). See if the connection issues continue. I use an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 connected to a 5ghrz network on Channels 6+8 at 135Mbps with no problems.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 17 April 2014 - 06:21 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

One handy tool is InSSIDer.  It displays all the routers in range and the channels they are using.  You'll be able to identify your own unit and see if there's any interfering routers in range.  I would also let you find an empty channel (maybe) if you find the one you're on is busy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users