Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Shuts Off On Load Screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GrotesqueAnimal

GrotesqueAnimal

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

I recently moved stuff around my apartment including my computer. I unplugged without realizing it was still in Sleep mode. =/ When I plugged everything back up windows started to load and it shut itself off. Here are my specs: 

Motherboard: Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H, AM3 CPU

HDD: Seagate 1TB, and 320GB Western Digital

CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core

Graphics: GEFORCE GT 610

PSU: DYNEX 520-WATT ATX

RAM: 2GB 2Rx8 PC2-5300U-555-12 x2, 1GB, DD2 DIMM,I x2

I've already done some tests of my own, including checking the PSU's voltage which everything check out in the BIOS, I've tested the RAM individually and it still shuts off. I have tried booting from a CD and it still shuts off. I've tried starting up with options, doing disable restart on failure, load from last successful config, and Safe Mode. None of those worked. Restarted sometime but would just keep restarting. I've tested the hard drives individually and the same thing happens. Ive gone bare bones to just the essentials and still get the same thing. Had a computer savvy friend look at it and he was stumped as well. I've narrowed it down to the CPU, the HDDs or PSU. 

Any help would appreciated, I don't want to go out and get some hardware that I don't need. Thanks for reading and any help! 

Edited by hamluis, 16 April 2014 - 09:35 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

Just a hunch on a possible!  Set the bios back to default, then trying getting into safe mode.  If it goes into safe mode let if fully load then do a shut dawn and try a normal start.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 GrotesqueAnimal

GrotesqueAnimal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

i've narrowed it down to a CPU failure, im pretty sure

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

If you have it down to essentials: cpu/cooler, 1 stick of ram, mainboard, psu, and GPU (use onboard if you have it pull out the 610) you will need to replace parts to go any further if there is no bios beep code. If your computer runs stable in bios, try booting to a memtest86 Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip) burn it to a disc and boot to the disc, see if it will run without error.

I would recommend trying a different psu as a first step. I have seen many cases where unplugging a psu causes it to fail after it had been working fine for many years plugged in 24/7. Most of the time I believe this is related to bad capacitors inside of the psu.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#5 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:33 PM

You should post a speccy report and follow these steps...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/#entry1797792

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users