Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help finding user management tool.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

On a windows xp computer, I tried the trick of logging in as the "SYSTEM" user. I found a setting that allowed me to see (and modify) all the users, including "LOCAL SERVICE" and "SYSTEM". Now I want to find it on a windows 7 computer but I don't know how. I simply can't remember how I got to the settings in xp.

NOTE: by user management tool, I do not mean the user accounts page in control panel.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Do you mean the hidden Windows Administrator account?  If so please see this: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/enable-disable-windows-administrator-account/

#3 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

well, no. The "SYSTEM" user is like the "root" user in linux.

NOTE: by user management tool, I do not mean the user accounts page in control panel.

By this i mean a settings page that allows me to see ALL users including "SYSTEM" and"Local Service".

#4 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

I had found it, sorta. By typing in "control userpasswords2" and selecting the "advanced" tab, I find the "Advanced user management" button!

Guess what?

1Capture.JPG

#5 b0bl335wa993r

b0bl335wa993r

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:08 AM

I had found it, sorta. By typing in "control userpasswords2" and selecting the "advanced" tab, I find the "Advanced user management" button!

Guess what?

Do you mean these?

Attached File  lusrmgr 1.png   67.56KB   0 downloads

Attached File  lusrmgr 2.png   74.8KB   0 downloads

Edited by b0bl335wa993r, 16 April 2014 - 03:12 AM.

#6 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

EXACTLY! But for reasons that I don't know of, M$ decided to not include lusrmgr (that window) in to windows 7 home edition. Many of the things it does can be done by registry hacks, which are daunting in the least, computer breaking in the most. If M$ just added the lusrmgr snap-in, it would be easier and safer to modify the computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users