Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suggested sites database to analyze malware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 QQR1

QQR1

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

I want to infect me. This thing seems strange or crazy, but I would like to see how some malware behaves and also so that I can try to remove them. I need tips to infect me and sites that I can collect malware to analyze them (or rather, try to analyze them). 

In the study of malware, need to keep me motivated and I do not infect me, I will not be motivated to learn how to remove infections. 

I appreciate any help, and if they can not post links malware here, for obvious reasons, send me MP.

Note: Excuse me for the bad english, I used Google translator.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:41 PM

One of the primary goals of Bleeping Computer is to assist victims of infection with removal and to prevent the spread of malicious programs, not encourage them. Therefore, we will not provide links to malware or malicious sites where infections have been contracted and spread. Others reading this topic may use the information for nefarious purposes or an unwitting novice user may accidentally click a link and end up infecting their computer.

For those and other obvious reasons, we are not going to provide specific information in a public forum and by policy, we don't provide assistance via PM. However, you can perform a Google search on "how to infect your computer on purpose" which will provide information such as this article.

You can also read this topic which explains the most common ways malware is contracted and identifies the types of sites where you can easily get infected by not following the advice provided to protect yourself.

If your intention is to infect a VM for the purposes of testing, be aware that not all malware will work in that environment. Malware writers have been able to create malicious files which can detect if it is running in a VM. When that detection is made, the malware is able to change its behavior by not running any malicious code which can infect the operating system. This is a deliberate technique to make analysis/detection more difficult for security researchers who use VMs to study infections in order to understand the methodology used and find disinfection solutions.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users