Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Get A Pop Up That I Can't Get Rid Of

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Goodman

Mike Goodman

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:14 PM

Help me please!! Upon start up I get a red box in the lower right hand of my screen that says " Your Computer Is Infected" "Critical System Error" then it goes on to say that I need to use antimalware software. When I click in the box it takes me to Spyfalcon - The problem is I cannot seem to find a file name or anything in my registry. this box is on the screen every 5 min and stays for about 10 sec. I downloaded Windows Defender (Beta 2) and did a scan - but it doesn't see anything either. I know that this has already been listed but it appears that I would need to know the file name in order to get the correct fix. What do I do - or will any of the suggested fixs work?

Thanks,
Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:28 PM

First of all welcome to Bleeping Computer.

There are many self help guides here as well as tutorials. I will link you to the one I believe you are looking for.
How To Remove Spyfalcon (removal Instructions)Click Here. Hope this helps. If you still have problems please post back and we will do our best to help. If you do post back about this problem, please give us as much information about the problem as possible including error messages and URL's.

Be (Get rid of malware) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Mike Goodman

Mike Goodman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:54 PM

Animal,

Thanks for your help. I ended up just needing to install and run the roguescanfix program - once I did that it was gone. I guess the rest of the steps ddidn't need to be completed since I never actually installed Spyfalcon. Anyways, thanks for your assistance.

Mike :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users