Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to access certain websites.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jones24

jones24

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

2 websites in particular, Jokersupdates.com and slice.ca that I use every day I suddenly can't access from my laptop.  I can access them from another laptop and a kindle at the same location so the problem is on my computer.    I have that problem using both firefox and chrome.  I've cleared the cache, done a system restore, I don't know what else to do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:46 PM

Are you running a software firewall like Comodo or ZoneAlarm? You may need to check that they have not been blacklisted on your machine.

#3 jones24

jones24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:25 AM

I'm using Mcafee's firewall and I don't know how to check if those sites have been blacklisted.

#4 jones24

jones24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:43 AM

Also, to specify, earlier monday, I had both sites up on firefox, and I was using Hola Unblocker  VPN to view the Slice.ca website.  Hola had issues on their end.  Me thinking the problem was on my end, cleared my cache, restarted my laptop and reset my modem and router.  After that is when I was unable to go back to those sites on that computer.

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

what message do you receive exactly when you navigate to them?

#6 jones24

jones24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

It just says either "connecting to"  or "Waiting on" and then the website , but it never loaded.   I logged of at 2am and those sites still didn't work ON THIS LAPTOP, and now, 9am, when I tried logging on to get a screenshot of exactly what comes up, I can go to both sites and they load normally.

Edited by jones24, 15 April 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#7 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

Computer errors are scared of me, happens all the time... lol. (but seriously)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users