Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to Boot Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rhemuis

rhemuis

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

Hi all.

I believe that my sons Dell N7010 17.3 laptop has contracted a nasty virus. When trying to start up normally, it gives me two options: Launch Start Up Repair or Start Windows normally. The first option takes me to blue Windows screen, but the option to log in never appears. The second option takes me right back up to the first.

I used F8 to take me to the advance boot options, but none of the options (including safe mode) work; it begins to load, then takes me back to the first two options.

I also tried to use F12 and change the boot option to the cd rom, where I have a Hiren's Rescue CD ready for use; but again, begins to load and redirects me back to the first two options.

He has Bitdefender on the laptop, but the rescue mode keeps prompting Error: Failed to load the antivirus engines.

This is the nastiest virus I have come across and searched have come up empty. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users