Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message On Startup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AdamM2014

AdamM2014

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

Hello,

I am running a laptop with Windows 8.1. Every time I start the laptop up, I get an error message pop up which says RunDDL error and the specified module windows\SysWOW64\xpvga.dll has not been found.

I have tried Googling this file name and got nowhere. 

Does anyone know what this message means and more importantly, how to stop it from keep coming up?

Thanks for your help in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SamX5

SamX5

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:00 AM

Well SysWOWell SysWOW64 refures to Windows 32-bit on Windows 64-bit which allows you to run 32bit application on a 64bit system. I haven't seen an xpvga.dll  in windows 8.1 before and I have found it on http://www.dll-files.com/ so, quickest fixis to back up your data and re install window 8.1

AMD FX - 8320 | Asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0 | Asus R9 290X | 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz | Corsair rm850 | Samsung 256gb 840 | Corsair H80I | CM Storm Trooper

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

You were given good advice at Windows Eight Forums, why haven't you done what they suggested?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users