Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows desktop in download window

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wayne937

wayne937

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

The other day I down loaded a program and I wanted to put it on my desktop. The desktop did not show in the down load list. Does anyone know how I can download to the desktop since it does show in the download to list.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,630 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

RIGHT-click on the item you want to download. You'll be asked where you want to save it. Navigate to the Desktop in the folder list and click on it.

To change the default download location:

For IE: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-files#ie=ie-11

Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/833536

#3 wayne937

wayne937
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

Allen, thanks for your reply. With windows XP when you went to download something the desktop showed up in the download to window. I googled for about an hour looking for this information but I could not find it. Then I decided to try here.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,630 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

So you're good now?

#5 wayne937

wayne937
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

What you are saying is that when I right click on the download file (in windows 7) it will give me an option to download to the desktop. I will try to remember this in the future. With windows XP the desktop would always show in the download to: window. without doing that. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users