Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Folders Hidden from Excel 2003

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 terminalsigh

terminalsigh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

This is my first topic posted here. I've heard good things about Bleeping Computer, so I'm very hopeful about this situation.

I've personally never had this problem, but it's affecting my father's laptop.
He's running Windows 7 and using Excel 2003. With Windows Explorer, he created new folders for storing recently scanned images. However, when using Excel he clicks to "Import Image from File", the new folders he previously created in Explorer appear to be hidden. Because of that, he is unable to import the desired images. Meanwhile, they are still plainly visible in Win Explorer and other programs. To me, there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason for this. I have already adjusted the folder settings in Explorer to show hidden folders/files, but that doesn't seem to make a difference here.

Any suggestions? Does he just need a more recent version of Excel or what? I've recommended he switch to something like Apache Open Office, but he's not enthusiastic. Mostly he'd like to simply blame all his problems on upgrading from XP to Windows 7; a sentiment I can't really mirror.

Any help will be appreciated!

Edited by terminalsigh, 14 April 2014 - 10:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Excel 2003 works with Win 7. When you click on Insert / Picture / From File, what is happening? Do you get the 'Insert Picture' dialog Box, with the 'Look In' option at the top left. The file and folder structure and the new folders, should then be accessible, using the down arrow on the right of the 'Look In' box.

#3 terminalsigh

terminalsigh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:31 AM

The 'Insert Picture' dialog box does open, but while browsing through the folders (a process styled similarly to Windows Explorer), the newest folders and files appear absent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users