Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop screen glitching?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vixenite

vixenite

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:10 AM

Recently my laptop's been having this issue where the screen will flicker, and little red and green bars will appear, and any picture/video I'm looking at will distort and turn strange colours.
I thought this was a hardware problem or a loose wire, as when I move my laptop screen or tap it, the problem seems to stop for a little bit - but, I'm finding that the problem only exists on certain screens.
It seems to be affecting (so far) fullscreen YouTube videos, certain webpages (mostly blogs on Tumblr), and any video I try to watch fullscreen. But as soon as I switch tabs or exit fullscreen, the problem stops. But if I switch back to the affected tab, it'll start flickering again immediately. It's super strange.
I hope I'm explaining this well. It's super irritating and I really wanna know if there's a way I can fix it, or if I'll have to take my laptop in to get the cables checked. I've done pixel tests, too, and nothing was out of ordinary there.
I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad Y510p with Windows 8, if that helps.
Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:40 AM

Hey vixenite,

This sure sounds like hardware. But you might be able to try downloading and installing the latest driver for your laptop.

The video driver about half way down should be okay :)

here's the link;

http://support.lenovo.com/en_GB/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS035829

Thanks,

Darktune

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users