Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iphone 4S will not display in itunes. I need help where to go next

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 arrowzahns

arrowzahns

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:36 AM

I did numerous searches on google which sent me to Apple Support.

I performed the following troubleshooting tasks from Apple Support [found here]: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1538, IOS Device Not Recognized in iTunes For Windows.

• When the Iphone 4S is hooked up with a USB to my laptop I see the Iphone on My Computer screen with my C drive. But it is not recognized by Itunes. I uninstalled and reinstalled Itunes the correct way stated by Apple. Another symptom that I am not sure is related is, once I am in itunes I am not able to go to the Itunes Store.

Thank you for any help.

Mod Edit:  Edited to reflect proper credit for extensive quoted material originally included unnecessarily in post - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 15 April 2014 - 10:09 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Apple IOS - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

Try creating another user account on the Windows computer if you do not already have one setup and then install iTunes for that account (if necessary...it might already be there) and see if the iPhone with work with iTunes in the other account.

#3 arrowzahns

arrowzahns
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:20 AM

Thank you smax,

I will try that.

I wasn't aware I could.

Also thank you for editing my post.

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

Thank you smax,
I will try that.
I wasn't aware I could.

Let us know how it goes. If it does not help, then we will go from there.

Also thank you for editing my post.

Not sure if you were thanking me for editing the post…if so, it was not me, but rather hamluis.

#5 arrowzahns

arrowzahns
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

Smax,

I am new to forum.

Yes I should of thanked hamluis for the editing. My apologies.

I did create another itunes account. I still have the same problem. What should I try next?

Thank you for your help

#6 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

Smax,

I am new to forum.

Yes I should of thanked hamluis for the editing. My apologies.

I did create another itunes account. I still have the same problem. What should I try next?

Thank you for your help

Not another iTunes account, but rather another Windows "user" account on your computer.

#7 arrowzahns

arrowzahns
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:39 AM

I created another user account.

It did not help.

Can you please advise what I should try next.

Thank you for you help.

#8 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:46 PM

I created another user account.

It did not help.

Can you please advise what I should try next.

Thank you for you help.

Just out of curiosity, have you rebooted the iPhonei.e. shut it down, let it sit for a few minutes fully shutdown, and then power it back up?
While there is a good chance this will do nothing to help, some times a simple reboot of an iPhone will get it to stop doing "bad stuff", so it is worth a try.

#9 arrowzahns

arrowzahns
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:28 AM

I did as you asked. Still doesn't work. Since the new updates to my iphone and to itunes I thought it might work. Still the same. After the updates I performed the same procedures from the beginning.

I do appreciate your help.

Do you have any other ideas.

Steve

#10 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:27 PM

You said you tried all the steps in the Apple trouble-shooting "article" in your first post. Did that include the suggestion to check for conflicts with your security software in item #6?

Also, third-party security software may conflict with iOS devices connecting to iTunes. Follow this article to troubleshoot issues that may be caused by your security software. After resolving any issues you may have with your security software, you may need to try the steps in this article again.

Beyond that, I am pretty much out of ideas other than to reset the iPhone. Resetting the iPhone, however, will wipe all the data, you will want a backup of some sort. Since you cannot connect to iTunes, that might mean the only option would be an iCloud backup.

BTW, which version of Windows are you using? I realize I never asked that in the beginning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users