Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Glass - Durability?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Trakeen

Trakeen

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:35 AM

I work at a boring computer repair shop as a money maker, and my other job, as an apprentice, involves metal working where all day long I'm either surrounded by metal sparks, fine stone / metal dust floating through the air, and paint.

I'm sure paint would be a little hard to adapt to, but I'm wondering what early adapters of Google Glass have to say about durability, and what kind of environments and accidents they've had while using Google Glass.

I'm interested in possibly using the glasses to film some of the work I'm learning to do, and just looking for some advice on what others are doing to protect their investment in possibly damaging scenarios, including what kind of interference in recording they experience from protective adapters they may have fashioned / bought.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

$1,500 is a bit much, in my opinion, to risk the possibility of damage/destruction.  I'd recommend something like a GoPro camera where you could get three or four for that price and they are designed to be used in a less than perfect environment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users