Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What happend just happend to youtube?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:48 PM

It's like...adds....out of nowhere.....not the targeted adds you don't really mind that slide pictures of cool stuff you were look at earlier either, they're all the generic rape your computer adds. I feel so violated....

wtfyoutube_zps1de5b628.png

EDIT* Just noticed the title.. to late.

Edited by SEANIA, 13 April 2014 - 11:50 PM.

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:14 AM

Do you run any ad-blocker or pop-up ad blocker apps in your browser?   AdBlockPlus is a good one and it is available for Firefox, Chrome, opera, Android and Internet Explorer.  I run it in Chrome and never see ads on YouTube as shown in your screenshot.

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#3 I have a computer...

I have a computer...

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:04 AM

Im no computer expert but I think you might have adware on your computer doing that, or you're on a fake youtube site.

Does this only happen on youtube? Does this only happen in a browser?

Edited by I have a computer..., 18 April 2014 - 02:04 AM.

#4 SEANIA

SEANIA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

Yeah, turned out to be a hidden browser plugin. So I uninstalled them (installed its self multiple times??). It keeps getting added back on though. My browsers are up to date as well as Avast and it's browser plugin. So....how does it keep reinstalling? I have noticed a increase of pop-ups. I close them out IMEDITELY but are they still causing damage?

Should move this to a different forum section. I guess it still kind of fits here....

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#5 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

You probably should post in one of the other forums.  Be sure to give as much info as possible, such as the o\s you use, which browser you are using, name of the plug-in, steps you have taken to correct the problem.  ie:  Have you run any antimalware, antivirus scans?  What were the results?

Am I Infected?  What do I do?    The expert members there will be able to help you.

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#6 Domelo

Domelo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:14 AM

I think, you're not running any adblocker that's why, you're experiencing so many ads on the side bars as well as into the video. The better option for tablets, PCs, and android systems in mind is adblock android or adblock chrome extension by adguard.com. You can give it a try to get your problem solved. Btw, it's lighter than any other ad blocking software available online. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users