Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer.exe high CPU usage after opening application.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Zakusho

Zakusho

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

This issue started a few days ago and I tried getting help on a few other community forums before attempting here with no luck so far. First of all the most important aspect is the name of the application as it's the ONLY one giving me problems. League of Legends. No matter if I start it via it's launchers or it's game client executable or even it's own installer it will make both explorer.exe and the app's executable hung IRP or so I would believe turning the processes themselves zombie mode (can't kill or taskkill so on and so forth). Now I haven't really encountered this problem before so I am new to this one (I'm quite used to handling a PC and it's errors and what not but this one never occured to me so yeah it's a bit tricky to handle especially when it happens only with one of the many present applications within my PC). I don't know where to begin with in terms of specific info such as threads used, PID, etc so I'll just hand it over as requested to avoid any sort of confusion or whatever. I'm really hoping there's someone able to assist with such a problem as I'm starting to run out of patience and considering a format.

Also just so that it's clear enough. The issue as I presented has a crucial meaning: I can NOT restart/shutdown from within Windows 7 Ultimate itself once the issue is active. I can still open new processes that will work properly with the exception of poor performance for obvious reasons.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users