Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Focus reset virus?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fRostiE86

fRostiE86

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:53 AM

Hi,

First post on here, but from searching on Google for fixes, this looks like a great place for advice from some knowledgeable people - Please be gentle with me!

I have an issue with my Windows 7 Machine whereby the focus of windows is quickly jumping on and off. 

It causes issues when bringing up right click windows explorer options, also when typing, like when creating a new folder, the focus removes itself from the 'New Folder' text in microseconds before I've had any chance to give it a name.

Another symptom is the curser in Win 7 has the spinning loaded next to it, almost all the time... as if an application is loading after just being double clicked. Looks like this, next to the mouse pointer:

http://i.stack.imgur.com/fmksR.gif

I've got Kaspersky Internet Security, which has done full scans on all available options with no fixes found. 

I've tried ComboFix incase it was a bootkit issue as this thread sounded similar:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/420138/invisible-ie-windows-stealing-focus-hjt-log/

I've also given Spybot-S&D a go, which has cleared some temp internet files up, but nothing fixed the issue

Can anyone suggest some additional steps to get to the bottom of the problem please?

Thanks,

Matt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fRostiE86

fRostiE86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

anyone got any thoughts on what i could try next, please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users