Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photofiltre program in win 7

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 raycer27

raycer27

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

Photofiltre program in win 7. I installed this program on my new laptop. I've been using XP on my old LTop.I guess I'm not familiar with win 7 as I'm having a problem making it the program I want to display my photos.

All I had to do in XP, was right click the thumbnail, select open with, browse until I found the program, highlite it, check the box that said use this program to open .

I have basically done the same steps as above, rite click, open with, paint, win media center, win photo viewer, choose default program.

I then select, choose default program, then browse, a box comes up with a list but photofiltre is not on the list. I know the program is in my computer, but I don't know how to get it to that box to select it. I tried dragging it but that didn't work.

Any help on this greatly appreciated.

When I go to all programs  I can see that photofiltre is there, I just don't know how to get it to that dialogue box.

Edited by hamluis, 15 April 2014 - 03:42 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Graphics Design/Photo Editing - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:45 AM

The Openwithview program mentioned here might help.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/use-openwithadd-and-other-methods-run-file-program-you-want.htm

Edited by Wolverine 7, 13 April 2014 - 04:47 AM.

#3 raycer27

raycer27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

Wolverine 7, I used the link, followed the instructions to the letter, still, when I got to the master list of programs

it had no listing for photofiltre. I know that program is in the computer in "all programs" I saw it.

I've tried contacting the vendor with no luck there.

This is so frustrating!!

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

I have basically done the same steps as above, rite click, open with, paint, win media center, win photo viewer, choose default program.

I then select, choose default program, then browse, a box comes up with a list but photofiltre is not on the list.

Are you doing like in No. 2 of this tutorial? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/change-file-association-in-windows-7/

#5 raycer27

raycer27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

Agouti, that is correct. Everything goes fine until I get to that box with all of the programs listed in it and there's

nothing in there that says photofiltre. I've done this same function with XP a dozen times and never had this

problem.

#6 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

Did you use the "Browse" button near the bottom right corner to browse to PhotoFiltre's exe file and select it?

#7 raycer27

raycer27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

Yes I did, I went through that dialogue box with all of the programs and it's not listed. If I 

go to all programs, it's there, same with add/remove in control panel. I even tried dragging it to the dialogue

box but that was a futile attempt. I appreciate you hanging in here with me to try to help solve this problem.

#8 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

When you get to the following screen, click the browse button as shown...

RTSrCQa.jpg

Next, you will get an Explorer-like window titled "Open with..." like this...

u3NDStL.jpg

Just use that window to navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\PhotoFiltre and select the PhotoFiltre.exe file by double-clicking it.  From there, just read and follow the screens.

I'm sorry I couldn't provide more screenshots but I'm on Windows 8.1 and had to borrow a Windows 7 computer to get these screenshots.  The person I borrowed the computer from doesn't use PhotoFiltre and I can't go putting it on their computer just to get more screenshots.  You should be fine from here though.

#9 raycer27

raycer27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

Thanks, I'll give this a try and will get back to you with the results

I wanted to thank you for being so patient with me and for solving the photofiltre problem.
I found that I had to type the file info in the box, then click on it and it was like opening presents on Xmas morning. 

Edited by raycer27, 16 April 2014 - 06:49 PM.

#10 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:56 PM

@raycer27,

Firstly, let's get back to the forum rather than the PM system.  You still don't seem to understand so I've put together a set of screenshots which I hope you can follow.

(1)  Since you don't see PhotoFiltre listed then click the Browse button as shown...

6Kg0pGT.jpg

(2)  In the next window single-click on the C: drive...

h1NCXJa.jpg

(3)  Then double-click on Program Files (x86)...

ObNctIp.jpg

(4)  Scroll down until you see the PhotoFiltre folder and double-click it...

AibLTEB.jpg

(5)  Single-click the PhotoFiltre.exe file then single-click the Open box...

FdKcyRN.jpg

That's it!

Note, some of the screenshots may look a bit different to your system because I had to capture them from my Windows 8.1 system.

#11 raycer27

raycer27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

Agouti, as far as my computer goes, it's in and working, however or whatever I did by accident, it worked.

Your latest info and screenshots really explains the process perfectly. I forwarded this info to my buddy, who

told me he was now able to make the program work for him.

We both applaud your patience on this matter and thank you for your guidance.We feel that this issue

has been solved.

#12 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

Glad you and your friend got it working properly. :thumbsup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users