Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can I connect it?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 maxell505

maxell505

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

I have an all-in-one computer but all it has is an HDMI-out port and 2 USB 3.0 and 4 SUB 2.0 ports. I was thinking about getting a DVR that connects to a separate monitor but I just want everything to be connected to one computer, my all-in-one desktop PC running Windows 8. I have a 16 camera system but I might add some more cameras later so I am planning on getting a 24 channel DVR but I do not know how to connect the DVR to my all-in-one computer because there is no VGA or DVI or HDMI female ports in the all-in-one. Please help because I need this camera system set-up as soon as possible. I have no set DVR that I want. As long as it has 24 BNC connecters in it so I can connect my cameras. Please also recommend a DVR. Thank you.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 8 to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

Unless the all-in-one computer has some sort of video input (which many will not), you are likely out of luck. About the best you could do if that is the case is maybe a USB video capture/tuner device...but not really sure how well that would work.

The exception might be if the DVR has some sort of network connection and software that allows you to control it/access it over a network, but that will depend on the DVR...and you still may want/need a separate monitor to set things up initially...and then rely on the network connection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users