Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

window defender

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 82yrs young

82yrs young

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:24 PM

when i try to open window defender i reveive the following msg; Application failed to initialize: 0x800106ba. a problem caused this program's service to stop. To start the service, restart your computer or search help and support for how to restart a service manually. (I tried that also but to no avail). I need detailed info please.

Edited by hamluis, 23 April 2014 - 09:20 AM.
Merged topics - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,465 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

Windows Defender is a complete waste of resources. I suggest you disable the service. Just make sure you have a good AV installed and resident and run scans with MalwareBytes every once in a while.

#3 82yrs young

82yrs young
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

Mod Edit:  Merged topics - Hamluis.

Since the only reply a got informed me to delete window defender and this might not even solve my problem. I will simply look elsewhere for assistance. I wish to thank you just the same for all your trouble. I will simply ignore window defender for now or until I obtain professional help. At 82 I do not have the patience not do I have the energy to spend my time on the internet to be informed to delete items from my computer...........

Again, thanks

82yrs young :tophat:

Edited by hamluis, 23 April 2014 - 09:19 AM.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

what exactly is your issue?

#5 82yrs young

82yrs young
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

Each time I attempt to open window defender I get the following message: Application failed to initialize 0x800106 ba.

A problem  caused this program's service to stop. To start the service, restart your computer or search Help and Support for how to restart a service manually. I did this and I was unable to get anywhere. If you can help me, please be very specific

with your instruction, I am not too knowledgeable with a computer.

Thanks a lot for your interest in helping me.

82yrs young

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

which anti-virus software are you running please?

#7 82yrs young

82yrs young
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

Allo TsVK,

As soon as you asked what my security system was, a light went on, and since I renewed my security system quite recently I realised that the problem was probably with them. I checked and confirmed that the security system was in fact the culprit. I was, therefore, able to resolve the problem with them. I wish to thank you very much, just the same, for the trouble you went through. By the way my security system is ESET.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,

82yrs young :bananas: 

#8 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:24 PM

Your very welcome. :busy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic