Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MakeItBetter

MakeItBetter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:06 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530742/after-windows-auto-updated-i-lost-the-path-to-my-desktop/ , moved to Win 8 forum - Hamluis.

System Restore is very tricky ... if you have some virus you can restore it too with this operation ... Suddenly updates is a smart trick used by malware to install themselvs into computers check carefully if the really come from Microsoft or some hacked - spoofed site ... if you have W 7 you can see all updates history somewhere in Action Center - Windows Updates :warrior:

Gmer ... how do you deterrmine what site the updates came from? (I'm using win8, if it makes much of a difference.)

Thanks!

Edited by hamluis, 12 April 2014 - 11:33 AM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MakeItBetter

MakeItBetter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

Ah ... I see, this is using an alternate way of downloading updates. I always update via the Control Panel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users