Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Had xp ran fine now installed vista and all i get is a blank screen. Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jonnyl777

jonnyl777

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

Hi everyone. I just built myself my own computer. 1Tb HD, 8GB ram, dual core processor, MSI 970A-G43 Mobo are the basic specs (anymore you want to know just ask). Anyway loaded on windows xp cause thats all i thought we had in the house and it was running smoothly and wonderful. Then at great delight I discovered we had Vista 32 bit also, loaded it on and then went to have dinner and let it install itself while i ate. when i came back the screen was just black. I couldnt get anything out of it so decided to restart the machine. Now the computer runs and everything but all i get is a black screen no cursor and i cant even access the bios screen as it just says 'entering setup' for a very long time?!?! ive tried an old screen cable and a HDMI and both give the same output. HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 johnebadbak

johnebadbak

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:59 AM

http://www.partitionwizard.com/partition-wizard-bootable-cd.html

wipe the drive with this tool and reinstall

or you could try replacing ram with 4gig see if it will boot up

8gig ram not an advantage unles you have 64bit system disk