Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get on Netflix at all from my laptop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RoseTylerRocks

RoseTylerRocks

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

So I've been using Netflix for about three months now and haven't had any trouble with it, but all of a sudden yesterday, I couldn't get onto the website anymore. At first I thought the servers were just busy, but it's been two days and I still can't get on. I try to navigate to Netflix.com, but it just sits there loading for three or four minutes until it finally gives me the "problem loading page" page. I tried it on three other browsers but it does the same thing on all of them. I even tried switching to the other user account on this laptop and the same thing happened there too. I tried it on the family desktop though and it seems to work just fine on that computer.

I tried deleting the Netflix cookies, re-installing Java, updating my Firefox, and turning off the firewall, but nothing has worked. Netflix is the only website I'm having this problem with. Every other site I use is working fine. For a breif moment while trying it on Opera I was able to get to the log in page and sign in, but after that, nothing. I can also get to help.netflix.com, but as you can see, it hasn't been very helpful.

Anyone know what the problem is?

edit:

*when the "problem loading page" thing comes up, it tells me the connection to the server was reset

*scratch that on help.netflix.com. I can't get on there now either.

Edited by RoseTylerRocks, 12 April 2014 - 12:29 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

Have you tried the laptop at another location (i.e. take it to a Starbucks or Wendy's, etc) to see if it changes anything?

#3 RoseTylerRocks

RoseTylerRocks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

No, but that's a good idea! I'll be sure to try that.

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

Since you said Netflix worked fine on another computer, I don't expect things to be different if you use the laptop elsewhere, but it is something we should rule out.

#5 RoseTylerRocks

RoseTylerRocks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

Well, since I can't find any information whatsoever on how to fix this, I decided to cancel Netflix and sign up for Hulu. All I need is Doctor Who... doesn't matter where I get it. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users