Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MySearchDial and PC Browser cant uninstall everything is gone

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 payson2014

payson2014

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

My Search Dial came into my computer by opting to use PC Browser Cleaner and now my computer is a mess.  I can't uninstall PCBrowser Cleaner because it is not in my Program and Features.  

All of my programs have disappeared! won't even let me print.  HELP!

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 11 April 2014 - 06:07 PM.
Moved to 'Am I infected?'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

Welcome,

Do you have the installation disk for your operating system? Have you tried using it to do a startup repair? What is the operating system? What security software is installed?

Thanks

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 payson2014

payson2014
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

Welcome,

Do you have the installation disk for your operating system? Have you tried using it to do a startup repair? What is the operating system? What security software is installed?

Thanks

No installation disk came with this computer.  I bought from Wal-Mart.  My system is Windows 7 Home Premium.  I have AVG for security software

#4 payson2014

payson2014
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

Welcome,

Thanks

No installation disk came with this computer.  I bought from Wal-Mart.  My system is Windows 7 Home Premium.  I have AVG for security software

I would like to do a restore, but I am afraid that what little Microsoft programs I have will disappear and that the MySearchDial will return.

#5 payson2014

payson2014
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

Welcome,

Thanks

I would like to do a restore, but I am afraid that what little Microsoft programs I have will disappear and that the MySearchDial will return.

I am also new to this website so I may not be doing this right.  I apologize.

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

Hello payson2014 - You have posted correctly -

This is usually listed in Programs and Features, so please try to remove (right click > Delete) it there first.

If the program is not listed in Add/Remove or Programs and Features, and there is no uninstaller in the program's folder, the next place to check is your browser extensions and add-ons/plug-ins.

Note that the extension may also be called Browser2Save or many similar names.

This is an add-on that is installed with another program that has been recently installed.

Make sure that you reset your Browser Home page back to the correct version.

Please ask if you want more information, or we can run a few quick scans to find this.

EDIT - Here is a bit from their site on How To Uninstall.

Please check out the removal instructions =>> here.

Edited by noknojon, 11 April 2014 - 09:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users