Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Urgent login problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GeekWolf

GeekWolf

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

I have an HP Pavilion p7-1110 Desktop PC. I'm typing this from my Windows 8.1 laptop. My desktop booted normally and loaded the welcome screen, then the problem started. I typed my password like usual and waited for it to log me in. At first I just thought it was lagging. But it didn't log me in, and it returned to the welcome/login screen again. No error message or password incorrect message came up. I tried at least 5 times, probably almost 10, to log in. I'm at the point where I don't know what to do. I have Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and Microsoft Security Essentials, and I recently got a definition update for Security Essentials. I do not share my computers with anyone, nor do I plan to, so that eliminates someone changing my password as a prank. I couldn't have forgotten it, because 1) I write all my passwords down and 2) no message saying 'incorrect password' came up. The only thing I can think of that might be causing this problem is downloading themes yesterday. But my computer worked just fine until I tried to log in today. I'm so frustrated that all I have to say is, if it was a hacker, that coward should be fortunate my fist can't reach their face through my screen! I have never had an issue like this before, and I've downloaded countless things before without any problems. I've also installed lots of themes before, so it can't be a file put in a wrong folder and causing some kind of weird error.

Edited by GeekWolf, 11 April 2014 - 03:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,779 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

Have you tried getting into safe mode?

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

#3 GeekWolf

GeekWolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:29 PM

I haven't; I'm honestly not sure what it does. But I press the F8 key to get to the boot screen right?

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,779 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

See if you can get that far, if you can some of the guys in the know may be able to get you straight.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users