Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cookies (Last Accessed)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Vulcan Moon

Vulcan Moon

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

I read the thread about cookies and have read numerous articles on them and whilst I understand the basic use of them there's a question I have but can't seem to find it addressed anywhere, at least not anywhere that I've looked so far.

The last time I accessed a site was on the 1st Apr 2014 and I cleared cookies but there was a cookie in the internet folder which appeared, from the site, several days after that date, which had the following information "Last Accessed 7th Apr 2014".

Can anyone explain what last accessed refers to or whether this is absolutely nothing to be concerned about, since I wasn't expecting to see any cookies related to the site at all.

I realise that cookies can't set viruses/Trojans etc but if anyone can enlighten me as to what last accessed means in relation to the above scenario, that would be great and very helpful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users