Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Prontotec AXIUS series Android tablet PC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:43 AM

A relative gave me a Prontotec AXIUS series Android 4GB G-Sensor (Black) 7 inch tablet pc as a gift

--- I have tried to get a manual for it on-line w/o any luck

--- If one is available, I'd like to believe for free, please let me know

I tried the website written on the carton it came in www.prontotec.co but all gets me is a GoDaddy Want to buy Prontotec.com?

I am not a gadget person but I'm willing to learn how to use this and hopefully more gadgets are in my future

A booklet came with the unit, but it was probably written by a fifth grader and last I looked I was as smart as a fifth grader once upon a time and that's when I was in the fifth grade and that was a long time ago. I wasn't brought up in the world of the technological items we have today so they are not toys to me, at least not yet

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kunalthechamp

kunalthechamp

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:14 AM

What do you need help with? It is most likely a Chinese product, and usually they dont come with any sort of manuals. Also, if its an Andoird you will be able to find tons of Android instructions online. Do you need help with hardware or software?

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 cmptrgy

cmptrgy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,612 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:44 AM

Thanks for your response. You are correct, it is a Chinese product. I have bookmarked an on-line website with instructions that are helpful. I will post back when I need help on something

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:10 PM

http://www.prontotec.co/ works for me.

I see a full page with products as well as pull down menu for specific product pages. Contact Us and Tech support links.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 cmptrgy

cmptrgy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,612 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

Thanks Animal, That’s quite a morph from GoDaddy in April to this website you brought up

I tried to access the manual on my Acer laptop but it’s an RAR document but I couldn’t so I suppose I’ll have to access it on the Android tablet PC itself; but are RAR files safe to work with?

On the list of Firmware updates & manuals, their release dates are 5/16/2014 (that’s only a week ago)

The reason I mentioned it’s a Chinese product is because when I received it, everything was in Chinese and part of the information on the box it came in is

Kernel version 3.4.0+ yuyonghui@zh108433  #2 Fri Jan 10 2014

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:57 PM

You're quite welcome.

Scan the RAR with your AV/Anti-Malware tools like you would any other. A RAR file is a compressed file like a zip.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users