Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

K Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 billfarrar

billfarrar

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:29 AM

New poster.
Hope you can help.
Symptoms: when i open a browser and try to type in an address it immediately populates with kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. In my programs and try to type the K won't work. Other symptoms: Can't choose folders or files with mouse, get a bonk when clicking. When right clicking, a chatter.
I have used Norton, spy sweeper, ad-aware, XoftSpy. At first, we found some cookies but those are all gone. However, the problem remains. I have current updates on all, latest drivers, etc. Had the super tech guys out for 1 1/2 hours, but they found nothing.
It's intermittent. Running XP Pro., Athlon processor, 1 gig ram.
Any suggestions appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:29 AM

Welcome to BC! :thumbsup:

Laptop or tower? Wireless mouse and keyboard? Or PS2 or USB connectors? Have you tried a different keyboard?

Sorry if some of these questions sound basic, but we need to cover the basics first, and that would be eliminating the hardware, if it is in fact a hardware issue.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 billfarrar

billfarrar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:35 PM

Thanks.
Tower.
ps2 keyboard.
usb wacom tablet.
intermittent problem.
I've been on for about and hour now with no problem, so it's difficult to check hardware.
HOWEVER.......... there is a recurrance of Falkag from time to time, and as tracking cookies show up i wipe them out.

As i stated earlier, the teck guys were here for and hour and half looking at everything, but couldn't pin it down. I'll provide more info as requested.

thanks again for the reply.

#4 billfarrar

billfarrar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:21 PM

Okay, I changed the keyboard. I'm hanging it up for tonight, but tomorrow I'll see if it makes a dif.

Thanks, bil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users