Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

run recovery disk on ASUS M4A78 Plus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tomwilde

tomwilde

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:50 AM

I have the error code 0xc0000001 from Windows 8.1 and am having problems runing the recovery cd. I try to open directly to CD, but can't seem to get computer to accept it. What am I doing wrong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

You cannot create a Recovery Drive on a CD in Windows 8.1 so please explain what "recovery cd" you are talking about.

#3 tomwilde

tomwilde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:28 AM

I meant to say windows 8

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

Did you change the boot order in the UEFI or BIOS?

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

If you have already done so, you will need to change the boot order in the BIOS or UEFI so that the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order, and the hard disk drive is the second device.

Please post the make and model of this computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

I don't know if this will help but have the same problem with my Asus for months now.I googled for an answer

and found none.Seems everyone is having the same issue-can't boot from CD.I don't know if it's an Asus problem or UEFI problem.Got a few answers from here but none worked and believe me,I tried everything.Can

not change boot order no matter what I change or do not change in the BIOS.Finally had to bring it to the repair shop and he could not do it either after trying for over a week.This is what he did and I have no clue what he meens.He could get it to boot from USB so he had to format the flash drive to UEFI-GPT and the OS installed fine.Like I said I have no clue what he meens but I now can boot from USB.I have an Asus M11BB desktop

and can't find anyone that has the same model to help me out,for what it's worth.

Edited by Plumber, 20 April 2014 - 08:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users