Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet stopped working on vista PC

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bn2

bn2

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:48 AM

dear all,

I was working on my Vista  PC yesterday and went back to look at some pages with internet explorer and got a "could not connect" message, despite my being able to get internet (using my virgin media wifi) on my tablet and my wife's work laptop I can't get internet on explorer or firefox. I've tried rebooting to no avail, the dongle in the back seems fine.

I wondered if it was a windows update at 13.00 hours yesterday as per http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/27573-42-network-connection-vista-update but have backed out several updates using system restore to no effect.

I've also disabled my firewalls to see if they had started objecting to the internet.

many thanks for any advice.

(sorry this may be a slow thread as I can't download software or post logs due to the internet being on the blink so I'd have to alternate with my work PC)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users