Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forgotten Password in Safe Mode Loop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kotan

kotan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:06 AM

You guys know how you have the option to use a 4digit pin instead of a password yeah? I've been using that ever since I learned about it.

Now I had a little problem which opted me to go into safe mode minimal via msconfig. Upon seeing the login screen there's no option to use the pin, instead it just requires the password which I've already forgotten.

Ive tried resetting the microsoft acct password and managed to restart into safe mode with networking but for some reason it won't connect to the wifi nor would it respond to LAN wire.

Now im thinking if theres a way to either start windows normally from here so I could just simply move on? Or is there a way to remove the password or recover it?

Hoping for some guidance.. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoctor

SpywareDoctor

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

Due to the open, public nature of this forum, any assistance given to help circumvent security measures would then be available for unscrupulous individuals to use for illegitimate purposes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users