Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen of death - URGENT!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 garfieldisback

garfieldisback

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

Hi! My pc runs Windows XP Home Edition (service pack 3).  Its CPU is an Intel Pentium M 740, 1.73 Ghz. 
Today I installed BitDefender antivirus (32 bit) and it removed some virus and other malware that I had on the PC. 
A while ago it asked to install new updates and so it did. After that it asked to restart and I let it do so. 
Now, it keeps restarting all over and over again. It appear the brand of the pc and then it shows a black screen asking to run Windows normally. When I click "enter" it starts to appear the Windows logo but then it shows the BSOD very quickly, it shuts down then it restarts again. 
I already tried running the pc in safe mode but it keeps restarting.
 I also tried selecting an option in the safe mode which is "deactivate automatic restart in case of system failure" and it shows the BSOD completely and it says  the usual plus to execute CHKDSK /F and the technical info is: ***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xBA4CF528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) 

Edited by hamluis, 10 April 2014 - 02:55 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoctor

SpywareDoctor

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

Try attaching that hard drive to another computer that is running Windows XP and then run the chkdsk /f command against that drive.

Advanced troubleshooting for "Stop error code 0x0000007B (INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE)" errors in Windows XP

Edited by SpywareDoctor, 11 April 2014 - 07:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users